About Dr. Young, DC
Learn more about Dr. Young and
his approach to health.
1. How is your work different from other health care practitioners?First, I never guess. After studying a client’s case, I then decide on the best scientific test to identify the exact cause of the client’s condition. Second, I only recommend professional level products that have historically produced fantastic results with client’s condition. Third, I always retest to make sure the cause of the condition is corrected. I never just guess the problem is fixed because the client feels better.
2. Can you tell us more about Functional Medicine?Functional Medicine is growing in popularity because the traditional medical model is getting very poor results with chronic conditions. Conditions such as SIBO, IBS, heart disease, mental illness, and autoimmune disorders are often related to lifestyle or epigenetics. Our main focus in on discovering the underlying cause, then apply strategies proven through scientific research.
3. What kinds of cases do you treat?
It’s always exciting to review any case. Here is a list of what I see often in my practice:
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Chronic Gut Infections: Viruses, Parasites, Bacteria, Candida
- Weight Gain
- Thyroid disorders
- Sleep Problems
- Hormone Imbalances and Menopausal Symptoms
- Adrenal Imbalances
- Hair Loss
- Pelvic Pain
- Autoimmune Disorders such as alopecia areata, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, psoriasis and more.
4. What are your credentials?
I have quite a bit of education under my hat. Here are my main credentials:
- Doctor of Chiropractic
- Bachelor of Science in Human Anatomy
- +300 hours of Post Graduate Studies
5. Can you describe your treatment process for us?
Treatment always starts with
First, I do a very thorough consultation and examination with my client. Next, based on the information gathered, I order the correct tests to identify what is actually causing the problem.
Then, after analyzing the tests results, I prescribe the treatment protocols to get my clients the fastest results with the least amount of hassle.
Finally, I retest to make sure the condition is actually resolved.
6. What tools, techniques, and supplies do you use?
I use professional level services and supplies. This means the nutrients and tests I use cannot be purchased at local big-box or health food stores.
My suppliers only work with accredited professionals. Occasionally I need to refer my clients to other local professionals for conditions that are outside my scope of practice.
Any potential client can rest assured those referrals will be made when needed, but it’s rare. Most of my clients have already been to every other profession. Unfortunately, Functional Medicine is usually their last stop.